Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I still have issues with feminist rage.




Sent April 16th, 2012

HELLO FAMILY!


Okay, to begin, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE THAT HAS HAD A BIRTHDAY IN THE PAST MONTHS AND I DID NOT SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THEM.  I'm never aware of what the date of preparation day is, so I always forget :(  SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I HOPE THIS YEAR GOES WELL FOR YOUUUUUUU!


This past week at district meeting, our district leader, Elder Whitlock (who was in my MTC district as well!), asked Sister Dayton and I to do a musical number.  We sang a medley of "Guide Me to Thee" (#101) and "Lean on My Ample Arm" (#120) to the tune of "Nearer, My God, to Thee."  I thought it went well!


This week has been the week of CAR STRUGGLES.  So, the week before last, we noticed that our tires were beginning to wear out because of our alignment, so we wanted to take it in to get it fixed.  Well, the Elders were out of the petty cash, so we couldn't get it fixed on that preparation day.  So, on the NEXT preparation day (the day after Easter), we wanted to take it in, but everything was closed because of Easter Holiday.  We still drove it up to district meeting, with the hope of getting it fixed on Wednesday.  WELL,  we take it in on Wednesday to the NAPA and they say, "Oh, we're busy now, bring it back tomorrow." So, we leave and come to email.  After we email, I'm pulling out and the car goes, "Thud.  Thud.  Thud."  I pull back into the spot and YOU GUESSED IT, one of our tires is FLAT.  Thankfully, the senior couple happened to be in Vieux Fort and got the spare on it.  BUT IT DOESN'T END THERE.  The NEXT DAY,  we take it to NAPA and they're like, "Oh, we don't have new tires in that size.  You have to go somewhere else."  We leave, go to a tire service, THEN RETURN to NAPA.  Then, we had to go back for weekly planning while they were fixing our car....Anyway, I'm glad it got fixed and that we weren't driving when these problems arose.  HOWEVER, this morning, we go to start the car and it clicks, but doesn't start.  We start cleaning off the battery connector, but that's not working.  We ask our neighbor (he's a mechanic) about it and he says, "Oh.  Just pour coke over it and should work fine."  Who knew?


But, I sent two pictures of the tire.  Yes, there are two tears in it.  We destroyed it :(


Also, there's been a change of plans.  We aren't going to Guadeloupe at the end of the month - President Gamiette has decided to come to St. Lucia instead.  Not to beg for handwritten letters or anything, but if anyone wants to handwrite me a letter, it'd be best to do so and send it in the next few days, so it can get here in time for Zone Conference.  If it doesn't make it in time for Zone Conference, I won't get it probably until the end of this transfer or the next.


Well, we had two of our investigators come to church this week!  One of them is a man we met two weeks back.  We had been on our way to an appointment and he said hello to us.  After our appointment, we stopped by and he was like "I want to change my life."  We had a lesson with him; he wants to stop smoking quite badly.  We didn't get to see him this week (due to the car problems), but he called us to say he wasn't coming to church - then called us later to say he was on a bus on his way!  He could only stay for sacrament meeting, but he asked Sister Dayton a lot of questions about what the meeting would be like.  He seemed to enjoy it.


And Marla came to church AGAIN this week!  That's her 4th time!  Sister Dayton and I tried to set a date with her, but she said she's still not sure.  She really enjoys church and has been asking great questions in the Gospel Principles class.


I taught Relief Society again this week!  I really like that George Albert Smith book.


Family!  I love you all so much.  It's so weird to think that I'm a missionary - no joke!


I love you!


Sister Brisson

No comments:

Post a Comment