Monday, February 13, 2012

Transfer Transfer Transfer Transfer Transfer

So, I totally left my planner at home, which had ALL my notes for what I wanted to talk about this week! Super, super sad.

First things first: Transfer calls!

Elder Dyson: Sister Brisson, you are staying in Vieux Fort, and you are staying with Sister Dayton.
Me: Great!
Elder Dyson: May I speak to Sister Dayton?
Me: Sure. *hands over the phone*
Elder Dyson: Sister Dayton, you are going to Dutch-speaking Suriname.
Sister Dayton: What?!

ALSO, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Mom, I didn't read all of your email yet but they do celebrate Valentine's Day here. I'm not sure how much they do, but they definitely have Valentine's candy in the stores and we just went by a restaurant that's having a Valentine's special.

Linda! I want to know the gender of the mystery baby! I hoped it would be in my inbox when I got here. :(

Another small thing of note I forgot to mention a while back: I received a Christmas card from the Mt. Vernon Stake Youth! Ah, it was great! And also very surreal, since it wasn't that long ago that I myself was doing the exact same activity. SO WEIRD.

This past week, a part-member family allowed us to come do some yardwork for them! I think I've mentioned this before - usually people will not let us do service projects since we're women. Oh my goodness. Family. I LOVE using a cutlass (more commonly known as a machete). I LOVE IT. It's so much fun! We and the Elders had a great time tackling their yard.

We are still teaching Joanna! She came to Church last week, but wasn't able to come this week. She has been reading in the Book of Mormon and the teaching tracts, and has such a strong desire to follow Christ. As you all know, I don't enunciate well - which is a problem when talking to someone who's hard of hearing! So, we were teaching her about the Book of Mormon, and we couldn't quite help her to see WHY we needed it. So, I just started praying like crazy and was like "So..." and then it just came to me. The Spirit works, people! I told her about how everyone interprets the Bible SO DIFFERENTLY, but God would only have 1 understanding, and how the Book of Mormon allows us to have that. It's something we'd definitely talked about with her before, but it clicked with her this time and she was like, "oh. Yes, I will definitely pray about it." YES! It's so interesting to me how certain principles mesh at certain times.

Oh yeah! Our mission has a certification program and I just finished Level 1! Wish me luck as I go on to Level 2.

Sorry this email is so short! Since the pictures are having issues attaching, it's eaten up a bit of my time.

Anyways, I'm about out of time. Thank you for your emails this week! Family, seriously - I love you so much. Friends, I love you, too! As I've been in St. Lucia, I've just been more aware of how incredibly lucky I am to have people around me who care. It makes such a HUGE difference. It makes me so happy to read your emails every week. I love this gospel!

Love you all!

Sister Brisson

Pictures!: A Preparation Day Photo Shoot
1) I found the Ensign with the girls of Kimball house!
2) Washing the car...look at my hippie hair! Also Spencer, it looks like your camera is slightly broken :/
3) The jungle near our apartment.
4) Appwend Patois (Learning Creole) All Day, Every Day
5) Mailing Letters (Shocking, I know!)












CURRENT ADDRESS INFO:

You can email me at rachel.brisson@myldsmail.net (because I can receive but cannot respond to your emails, please include your mailing address so I can write you back!). You can also continuing using www.DearElder.com for the cost of a stamp, or you can write me at the mission office address:

Sister Rachel Anne Brisson
West Indies Mission
PO Bag 543
Valsayn
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago

So, you asked for my new address. Here it is, but be aware that letters can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get here. Please write me emails - I can print them out, so it doesn't eat into my internet time at all. If you want to use it, here it is:

PO Box 923
Gablewoods Mall South
Vieux Fort, St. Lucia 00124

You can also send packages to this address, but it's the same deal. DHL and FedEx are the fastest, but you have to have a number. Since this goes up on the blog, I'll send the number to Marcia, and you can ask her for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment