Wednesday, January 4, 2012

not enough time to write!


Bonjour, ma famille!


Because Christmas was on a Sunday, most places of business took Monday and Tuesday off as their "Christmas Holiday," which means that I am emailing you now!


ALISHA CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BABY!! A GIRL A GIRL! Send me pictures when you can, please! Ahhhh! And tell me when you choose a name!


It was so wonderful to talk to you all on Sunday. Even though there were a few hitches in the technology, I was grateful that I was able to see the majority of you. I hope you enjoyed my stories. Marcia, I want to know more about what you were telling me right before I got off! Jacob and Spencer, I hardly got to say anything to you. Tell me how things are going, please! Ah Amber, I wish I had gotten to speak to you more! Mother's Day, I guess :)


Since I didn't get to write on Monday, I'm trying to think of the experiences I've had from the past week and a half to tell you! Let's start with the TALENT SHOW.


This past Friday, the branch had a talent show. Several of the members got involved. We had a skit done by the youth about choosing the right, and two of the Augustin brothers did some breakdancing. The missionaries here (Sister Danielsen, Elder Jensen, Elder Meredith, and I) did a Christmas medley. Elder Meredith and I also did our own act. Let's just say...a few weeks ago, I thought to myself, "I could probably wear Elder Meredith's pants." And I can! And Mom sent me some fake mustaches. So...the last picture on here shows it better than I can explain it, haha. We did a remix of "Praise to the Man" and "Silent Night" and the crowd went WILD!

Also, I realize that I've attached some pictures and have no explanation! One of them is me with Pershama's daughter, Kayd. The other one is of Sister Danielsen, Kayd, and I. Another is of...ummm, the missionaries and the Baptist family. Another is of Elder Meredith, Sister Celina, and I. We're making a V and an F with our hands, for Vieux Fort.

Ahhhh there is so much to tell you from this past week, but nary enough time to tell it! This past week, we visited a woman named Agnes. She is one of the most regal people I have ever met. She lived in Martinique for some time, and has moved back to St. Lucia to take care of her mother and aunt. So, we were teaching her the Plan of Salvation, and we talked about how we had lived with God before. We asked her what she thought of it. And, she said, "Well, that is the first time I'm hearing that! I'll have to pray about it. But I believe you. I really like that." AHHHHHHH! Agnes! It was SO AWESOME to hear her say that. The Holy Ghost truly does just bring things into people's remembrance.

Anyways, I am almost out of time. We are transferring a week early for some reason, so I find out on Saturday. I will probably email later in the week again because Monday is another Holiday.

LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL

Sister Brisson

PS Diana! Send me your new address, please! LETTER IN THE MAIL NEXT WEEK I PROMISE

PPS - REBECCA DOMBROWSKI I EXPECT AN EXPLANATION FOR THAT E-VITE

love you!












CURRENT ADDRESS INFO:


You can email me at rachel.brisson@myldsmail.net (because I can receive but cannot respond to your emails, please include your mailing address so I can write you back!). You can also continuing using www.DearElder.com for the cost of a stamp, or you can write me at the mission office address:

Sister Rachel Anne Brisson
West Indies Mission
PO Bag 543
Valsayn
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago

So, you asked for my new address. Here it is, but be aware that letters can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get here. Please write me emails - I can print them out, so it doesn't eat into my internet time at all. If you want to use it, here it is:

PO Box 923
Gablewoods Mall South
Vieux Fort, St. Lucia 00124

You can also send packages to this address, but it's the same deal. DHL and FedEx are the fastest, but you have to have a number. Since this goes up on the blog, I'll send the number to Marcia, and you can ask her for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment