Friday, December 2, 2011

Transfer Transfer Transfer


Happy SHANKSgiving, Family!

Well, I suppose you are all dying to know where I've been transferred to...and...here it is:

I've been transferred to the French Side. I am in Guadeloupe!

Honestly, when President Gamiette called and told me...my mouth dropped. I could not believe it! My French is TERRIBLE. But, the Lord qualifies whom He calls. I got my French Preach My Gospel today. Working on it!

...Just Kidding. Sister Danielsen and I are staying in Vieux Fort for another transfer! YAYYYYYY! I feel so excited to stay here. As I speak, a less active is sitting outside at her work. We're totally going to pounce when we're done. Mwahahaha!

The last week and a half have been a blur, so I am struggling a little to think about what to tell you. So, in lieu of writing for the moment, I'm going to attach PICTURESSSSS!

First - me at a waterfall!
Second - Thug Life at the waterfall!
Third - name tag at the waterfall!
Fourth - companions at the waterfall!
Fifth - flowers!

Well, as I said in my last email - Sister Danielsen and I were on quarantine from Sunday night until today because of election. Because we weren't allowed to go anywhere (besides the Gibsons' apartment), it seemed like a good idea to...CELEBRATE SHANKSGIVING! It was so wonderful. Sister Gibson miraculously found a turkey, the Elders brought macaroni pie (I LOVE MACARONI PIE), and Sister Danielsen made mashed potatoes and green beans. What did I bring? Well....so the other night, we were in the grocery store, and we go to buy some cheddar cheese...and then, in front my face, was...

BOURSIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally flipped out! I thought I wouldn't be able to have it for 18 months! Ah, I bought it and brought it to the dinner :)

Seriously, Thanksgiving was so nice. And, it was nice to be able to spend it with my family! :)

Let me tell you about one of the investigators we're currently working with. His name is Brother Raymond. He is a Seventh Day Adventist, and we met him during my first transfer while visiting one of our other investigators. The first time we met him, it was a little rocky. He is well-versed in the Bible, so he was quite quick to point out anything that he thought didn't jibe with it. This past transfer, I decided that Sister Danielsen and I should go visit him. Essentially, all Sister Danielsen and I do is just bear testimony all the time about what we're talking about. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he would read it. I called him last week to set up an appointment. He wasn't available at the time, but I asked him if he'd been reading the Book of Mormon. Then, he said "Yes, I have! And let me just say...It is very interesting!" Ahhhh I am so excited to go see him tomorrow and talk about it. Even if he wants to try to disprove it, I am so excited! I know that he would love this gospel if he seeks it out!

So, we are currently working with an investigator named Keltrina. We had an FHE with her last week where we talked about family unity by reading about Ruth and then playing Pictionary (because...it's in teams...). When we asked her how she liked it, she said she LOVED IT! Ahhhh Keltrina! She has also been coming to Church AND Seminary! We will hopefully see her today!

Family, I am dying to be cold. DYING. I never thought I would desire to surrounded by bitingly frigid air and slippery streets but...I do! Please breathe in some extra cold air for me!

ALSO, during our quarantine, I wrote (but have not sent) letters to the following people: Laura Murray, Grandma Carey, JeanMarie Stewart, Elder Harless, Elder Larson, Renae Deighton, and Sister Dicou - in addition to the ones I've already written to Diane and Diana.

I am out of time!

Love you all!

Bye!

Sister Brisson








CURRENT ADDRESS INFO:

You can email me at rachel.brisson@myldsmail.net (because I can receive but cannot respond to your emails, please include your mailing address so I can write you back!). You can also continuing using www.DearElder.com for the cost of a stamp, or you can write me at the mission office address:

Sister Rachel Anne Brisson
West Indies Mission
PO Bag 543
Valsayn
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago

So, you asked for my new address. Here it is, but be aware that letters can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get here. Please write me emails - I can print them out, so it doesn't eat into my internet time at all. If you want to use it, here it is:

PO Box 923
Gablewoods Mall South
Vieux Fort, St. Lucia 00124

You can also send packages to this address, but it's the same deal. DHL and FedEx are the fastest, but you have to have a number. Since this goes up on the blog, I'll send the number to Marcia, and you can ask her for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment