Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I have a watch tan. Be jealous.

Hello Family!
Ah, I have so many good things to tell you from this week!
The first thing I'll tell you is...FIVE OF OUR INVESTIGATORS CAME TO CHURCH THIS WEEK! FIVEEEEEEE! Miracles! When I realized that there were five of them, oh my goodness, it was such a blessing! We have two investigators who have been six times now! It is amazing.
We have one investigator right now who we haven't been able to see this whole transfer. She's 20, and comes from a family strong in the Bible. We had given her a Book of Mormon at the beginning of the transfer, but haven't been able to schedule an appointment with her (she keeps dodging us, haha). The other day, we ran into her while we were walking. We started talking to her about how things were going, and I asked her if she'd read the book we left her. Then, she said, "Yeah! I'm in Esther." "So," I thought, "she read from the Bible..." But then, it clicked. "Wait! Do you mean Ether?" She replied, "Yeah, Ether!" I pulled out my Book of Mormon to make sure. So, in the 4 1/2 weeks since we saw her, she has gone from 1 Nephi all the way to Ether. Ahhahaha!
And, we had a similar experience with another one of our investigators. We left her and her family a Book of Mormon, but weren't able to see her since last transfer. Sister Danielsen and I stopped by, and she told her us her daughter had been reading from it. What on earth!
This week, I learned that the lessons are in a certain order in Preach My Gospel for a reason! One of our appointments had fallen through, so we went to the house next door. We met with a nice lady named Marlo! We asked her if she had any questions about anything after we introduced ourselves, and she said, "Yes. Is there life after death?" My thought process was, "great! We can go over the plan of salvation!" But as soon as we started, I realized the problem with that. Most of the scriptures we use to explain the plan of salvation are in the Book of Mormon, which we talk about in the Restoration lesson. We still got through the first half, but it was a little clunky!
Family...I'm 1/6th of the way through my mission! It's a much better way of saying that I've been serving for three months :)
Oh, a man named Praise the Lord proposed to me this week.
Well, that's about all I can think of for this week. We are seeing miracles here in Saint Lucia. Our sacrament attendance for this past week was the highest I can remember since I've been here. I'm learning so much about faith. Our two investigators who have been to church this whole transfer have some changes they have to make before they can be baptized. I was worried that they wouldn't be willing to do it. And...they are willing! When I heard that, I was so, so happy. I don't think I've felt that happy, ever! They are growing by leaps and bounds. One of them should be baptized by next week, if all goes according to plan. I cannot wait. I hope I am here to see it!
Family, thank you so much for your support. You don't know what it means to me to know that I have a family who loves me and supports me in my decisions. I love you so much. I know that families are meant to be forever.
I love you!
Sister Brisson
PS - LINDA HAPPY BIRHTDAY THIS WEEK!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU AND I HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER AND I WISH I COULD BE THERE!
PPS - Diana! She asked me how to spell orange. And haha, I've written but not sent you a letter! I'm sorry! I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment