Monday, October 3, 2011

Hey!

Hello Family!

First off, I apologize if I sounded like a space cadet in that last email. The internet hadn't been working, and so I had to rush. If it didn't make any sense, please forgiveeeee meeee.

Dad, I will think of my favorite scripture + a picture and I'll send that to you in my next email. I did receive Mom's email, so no worries there. Mom, I didn't get to watch the Relief Society broadcast. We'll hopefully be able to watch it in a few weeks and/or read the talks. We will definitely be able to watch General Conference, though! I am so excited for it - what will they say? I also wonder how watching it as a missionary will change my perspective.

Also Mom, I'd like you to know that I have yet to receive a peelingly bad sunburn! I wear sunscreen every day, don't you worry.

I know my emails aren't long, but it's difficult to write sufficiently long correspondence, so I hope that this one will be a tad longer!

For food...I haven't had a chance to try tons of Saint Lucian cuisine. At most restaurants, you can get some variation of a rice + beef/chicken dish. There's usually some type of gravy or sauce on everything. They also have this pepper sauce, which is super super spicy. Oh my, it will make you cry! They also give you huge portions at some restaurants for very cheap, which usually equals out to be two meals if you take it home. We also have KFC and Domino's, the lowest of the fast food food chain. There is a place called the Jamaican Patty Shack, which I LOVE. I try to convince Sister Fraser to go there all the time. But, more or less, we cook for ourselves. Sister Fraser is an awesome cook!

Well, we are still working on finding more investigators, in addition to the ones we're working with. I'd much rather be told flat out that someone's not interested than have them say yes and not mean it. Let me tell you about Tyson! I think I mentioned him in my last email. Tyson is still in high school, and we've taught him the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation. We'll be going over the Gospel of Jesus Christ this week. He is just the sweetest kid. So far, he has kept all of his reading commitments! He's so earnest and inquistive. He hasn't been able to come to church yet, though! Please pray that he'll be able to come this week, family! We're inviting him to be baptized in our next lesson, and I'm so excited to talk to him about it.

President Gamiette is visiting Saint Lucia this week, and he'll be giving a fireside this evening to our branch. I'll let you know how it goes!

Well family, let me know what details you'd like me to fill in and I'll try to answer them in my next email.

LOVE YOU,

Sister Brisson

PS - friends! if you haven't received return correspondence, please don't let that deter you from emailing me again. It might take two weeks to two months for you to get something from me...:)

PPS - Diane, I think I know that guy you're talking about! We had a sociology class together. Ahahahah. I love you. Thank you for writing me every week!

CURRENT ADDRESS INFO:

I have officially left the MTC, so you can email me at rachel.brisson@myldsmail.net (because I can receive but cannot respond to your emails, please include your mailing address so I can write you back!). You can also continuing using www.DearElder.com for the cost of a stamp, or you can write me at the mission office address:

Sister Rachel Anne Brisson
West Indies Mission
PO Bag 543
Valsayn
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago

So, you asked for my new address. Here it is, but be aware that letters can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get here. Please write me emails - I can print them out, so it doesn't eat into my internet time at all. If you want to use it, here it is:

PO Box 923
Gablewoods Mall South
Vieux Fort, St. Lucia 00124

You can also send packages to this address, but it's the same deal. DHL and FedEx are the fastest, but you have to have a number. Since this goes up on the blog, I'll send the number to Marcia, and you can ask her for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment