Monday, October 10, 2011

Another little email!

Hello Family!

Thank you so much for your emails this week! Happy Birthday, Casey! I'm glad that all of you enjoyed Conference and are doing well!

Well, this week was...haha, I don't even know what to say! A lot of our appointments didn't go through, so we did tons of contacting and taught lessons as we did so. We're always striving to find more people to teach, for you never know when you'll find someone who's ready for the gospel!

I believe I mentioned in my last email that President Gamiette was visiting. While he was here, he gave a fireside for our branch about Jesus Christ - I wish I had brought my notes with me so I could tell you more about it! We had quite a high turn out from our branch despite it being later in the evening.

Now, what do I mean by it being later in the evening? Well, it gets pitch black around here at about 6:30 PM. Then, there's only a few buses running after that point, so sometimes it's a little hard to get to places.

Mom, you asked how hot it is here. It is SO HOT. Right now, it's the hurricane/rainy season. Degree-wise, I can't really say how hot it is. It's sort of like Virginia in August. Apparently, everything will cool down after Creole Day (at the end of October). We also get random, quick rainstorms here and there. It's windy, which sometimes helps - but it also means my hair gets a little out of control :)

So, a few of you asked what stuck out to me in this General Conference. Here's one thing - A SECOND TEMPLE IN PROVO?? AHHHHHHHHH! I wonder when it will be completed! And another temple in Paris! Ahhh so exciting!

Otherwise, a LOT of talks stood out to me. I loved D. Todd Christofferson's talk. I went and read the chapters in Alma he spoke of - about Nehor and Korihor. Things definitely stick out to you differently as a missionary. A lot of people don't believe in sin, no matter where you are. Yet, God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and He will ALWAYS call His children to repentance. ALWAYS. I recommend everyone goes and reads Alma chapter 1 and 30. Go do it.

Ah, so many talks I'd love to expound on, but I'm a bit short on time. I also rather enjoyed Elaine S. Dalton's talk. I loved when she said "I loved trying to follow my father's every footstep - and I still do." I thought of you, Dad, when she said that. I love you.

I'm still trying to think of a favorite scripture! I have many scriptures which are near and dear to my heart - so it's difficult to choose just one that will go a plaque that will follow me for the rest of my life! I'll hopefully have one by next week. And for a picture...my friend Diane took a picture of me that I used when I sent in my mission papers, but I'm not sure how you'd be able to get that. Alisha, do you still have that picture? I emailed it to you for you to resize back in April.

Anyways, I'm plum out of time I love you all!

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE,

Sister Rachel Brisson

PS - I haven't mailed any letters as yet! I hoped to do so today, but it's a holiday and the post office is closed....:(

PPS - I'll get any mail that was sent to the mission office at zone conference in a few weeks! Just so you know!

CURRENT ADDRESS INFO:

I have officially left the MTC, so you can email me at rachel.brisson@myldsmail.net (because I can receive but cannot respond to your emails, please include your mailing address so I can write you back!). You can also continuing using www.DearElder.com for the cost of a stamp, or you can write me at the mission office address:

Sister Rachel Anne Brisson
West Indies Mission
PO Bag 543
Valsayn
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago

So, you asked for my new address. Here it is, but be aware that letters can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get here. Please write me emails - I can print them out, so it doesn't eat into my internet time at all. If you want to use it, here it is:

PO Box 923
Gablewoods Mall South
Vieux Fort, St. Lucia 00124

You can also send packages to this address, but it's the same deal. DHL and FedEx are the fastest, but you have to have a number. Since this goes up on the blog, I'll send the number to Marcia, and you can ask her for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment