Monday, September 12, 2011

Trinidaddy and Tobagel

FAMILY & FRIENDS

I only have a few moments with which to write you!

So, as all of you know, we were stuck in Miami for a day because of the flight delay and our missed connection. So, we flew out yesterday around 7:30 PM. We got in to Trinidad and everything went smoothly at Immigration and Customs. The mission president, the APs, and one of the Senior Elders were there to pick us up. The sisters and I stayed at an apartment last night that a senior couple had stayed in before leaving - we'll stay there again tonight before we fly out to our areas!

Today, we went over to the mission home and met again with President Gamiette and Sister Gamiette, in addition to some . We went over several items of mission specific information and the administrative side of things. Sister Gamiette gave a brief talk about declaring the word. Then, President Gamiette spoke with us about how we could be more effective missionaries and how goal setting is an instrumental part to our success as missionaries. Afterwards, we had a delicious lunch prepared by Sister Gamiette, met the rest of their family, and then left for the mission office, where I am now!

So, a small item I found out today - don't send me packages. Even if you pay to ship them, it gets very expensive to pick them up. Just put money into my account and I can buy the things here. Sister Gamiette said packages for Christmas were fine, though. Letters are usually reliable, so those are fine to send.

Also, I found out my first area! I will be serving in Vieux (sp) Fort, Saint Lucia. It's the southern side of the island. My companion will be Sister Fraser, and I will get to meet her tomorrow when I fly out.

Anyways, the purpose of this email is just to let you know that I made it safely. I wish I had time to read the emails in my inbox! I love you all dearly. My P-days are Monday, so next time you'll hear from me, I'll be in St. Lucia!

LOVE YOU!

Sister Rachel Brisson

CURRENT ADDRESS INFO:

I have officially left the MTC, so you can email me at rachel.brisson@myldsmail.net (because I can receive but cannot respond to your emails, please include your mailing address so I can write you back!). You can also continuing using www.DearElder.com for the cost of a stamp, or you can write me at the mission office address:

Sister Rachel Anne Brisson

West Indies Mission

PO Bag 543

Valsayn

Trinidad

Trinidad and Tobago

Packages are difficult and expensive to receive but if you need it, here is the address for packages:

Sister Rachel Anne Brisson

West Indies Mission

PO Bag 543

Valsayn

Trinidad

Trinidad and Tobago

No comments:

Post a Comment